Saturday, June 25, 2011

Crocheting in Silence? I Don't Think So...

Most people who crochet don't sit in a vacuum of silence while creating their creations (especially if they've been doing it a while). I'm no different. In fact, I typically listen to/watch television while crocheting. But, I think I may have a problem...

I am crazy addicted to watching Discovery ID shows, "Dr. G - Medical Examiner", and "Snapped". In fact, I watch so much, I get a bit torked when it's mostly reruns on a "Snapped" marathon. So now, because I've seen so many shows,I've turned my attention to "Notorious" on Bio (I DVR new episodes of "I Survived"). Still, so far, most of the shows I've seen are just another way to tell the story on some sick twisted individual who I already know about. (Ok, I'll say here that my husband used to worry about this... a lot. Until he started watching with me.)

Mind you, I probably would've been a profiler or forensic somebody or other in another life. Frankly, what interests me most in the cases is the detective work and forensics that goes into catching the bad guy.

On the flip side, you can pretty much ask me about any episode of "iCarly", "The Penguins of Madagascar", "Victorious" and my all time favorite - "SpongeBob Squarepants". My favorite SpongeBob episode is the DoodleBob episode, with Sandy's episode of going back to Texas in close second place.

So there you have it -- What I do while I'm prepping plarn, designing patterns and counting stitches while crocheting.

5 comments:

  1. I also watch a crazy amount of guilty pleasure TV when crocheting. In fact, one of the things I love about crocheting is that it gives me a purpose and end product that allows me to justify watching such television. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not able to watch and work (too many pins), but music works too! It breaks the vacuum silence :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agreed!! I watch a ton of CSI and History Channel (oh, and cake shows!) while crocheting. I even watch tv while I'm doing my 'crocheting work'... I can't live without it :)

    Yup, addict. I'll admit it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to see that I'm not alone! :)

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips