Monday, August 8, 2011

Custom Orders? Love them!

Oh, how I love custom orders! I usually wind up getting to know these customers as it's easier to get a feel for what they want and their personalities by talking to them on the phone v. exchanging emails. Now, mind you, I've done custom orders via emails, but there's nothing like actually connecting with someone by voice. Not to mention, that sometimes my questions will make them really think about what they want. For example, a handbag or tote that's custom-made for a tall person will have a different hang measurement from the shoulder than one made for someone of shorter stature. Some folks like the bag to be more under their armpit than others. Some like the bottom of the bag to be larger to fit their needs, and so on.

Here are a few of my favorite custom pieces all made of upcycled plastic bags:

"The Nikki Bag"


The "Big Hips Diaper Bag"

Plarn Basket to display soap items



3 comments:

Blogging tips